Saturday 23 May 2020

A neglected pattern

Looking through my storage flee box tonight, I came across a pattern that'd been lying dormant and forgotten about for years! It looked a bit battered and worse for wear but I remembered how successful it was! It was shown to me by an auld Hillend Veteran years ago who told me he had been doing well with it @ Hillend. He told me to use it with a slow intermediate line.
So off I went and tied a few and sure enough it was very successful even with a floating line. As I said the only one I had left has been lying forgotten about in my box! It's funny how flies go in and out of fashion I guess it's because we're always looking forward and wanting to try something new that's perhaps better!
Anyway as the Angling lockdown looks like easing soon @ Hillend, I tied a fresh one of these patterns tonight! No doubt I'll tie a few more in the next day or too! #Lockdownflytying
Black uni 8/0 Magenta Peacock herl body Copper wire rib Brown/ginger fibre tail Folded magpie tail, wing Black hen head hackle.


1 comment:

  1. That's an interesting looking fly. I think I'll tie up a few to try out on Loch Humphrey this evening.

    ReplyDelete

The Sharp & Gentles Way.

I've recently been attending the Sharp & Gentles Flytying Club and thoroughly enjoy my visits there. Im already benefitting and le...