Friday 18 September 2020

Experimenting!

For me the beauty of flytying is that we can add our own twists takes and tweeks to standard fly patterns!
The old saying that "nothing in flytying is new" may indeed be true. However  It's a real pleasure to persevere and try at least to try and come up with something original even though we may find out at a later date that's it's been done before!
I'd say that most modern day patterns are variations of something that's been created before. I call it flytying evolution!
I was at the vice today and came up with these three flys incorporating a butt in a shade of bazooka joe pink which I'm sure our flytying forefathers of the Victorian age would never had  thought possible to be utilised in the creation of a trout  fly pattern!
I have to say that I have noticed modern day trout flies with the inclusion of pink. However it's not a colour I have in my trout fly box.
So with this in mind this is a bit of experimentation for me and something I'm looking forward to casting at my local Loch before this season is out! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Clan Chief

Ive been asked by a flytying club in Shropshire England to do a flytying  demonstration via the social media platrorm of zoom nex...