Friday 2 July 2021

Satisfied but annoyed!

When I arrived at the loch tonight it was blazing hot with not a breath of air and the surface was like a sheet of glass.
I really need to get rid of the weather app on my phone as its predictions are getting increasingly wrong . 
I sat for over an hour contemplating whether it was worth fishing or not! 
Then unexpectedly a westerly breeze picked up and blew down the Loch.
So I got myself ready and headed down the south shore to the wee moss area.
By the time I got there the wind had changed to a North Eastetly which made casting a little bit difficult but I was coping working a big muddler and a midas through the waves! 
Then just as unexpectedly as the change of wind direction, three guys appeared  from behind me and waded into the wee moss area to the left of me but slowly made their way over to the right until all three were standing In front of me which left me bewildered and casting into the area at the back of them. It's a shallow area and usually holds fish.  Rather than confront them about their ignorance I headed off away to another location along the shore. 
This proved to be worthwhile as l managed to catch and release a rainbow with one of my versions of the midas flee. 
My satisfaction of catching my first troot of July didnt take away the anger  I felt at having to move from an area I was fishing  quite happily and content in until those three ignoramuses moved in! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sharp & Gentles Way.

I've recently been attending the Sharp & Gentles Flytying Club and thoroughly enjoy my visits there. Im already benefitting and le...