Monday 5 June 2023

Too Darn Hot!

I should have been fishing yesterday on a boat on a Highland Loch.
However my fishing companion, Tam The Clarkston Tangler decided he would rather go for a walk somewhere near Edinburgh pinging golf balls up and down fairways and possibly the long grass too.
Therefore I was rather frustrated as the fishing season is moving along at pace, so for me it felt like another weekend and opportunity wasted.
Nevertheless given the mini heat wave we are experiencing at the minute it was perhaps not so bad an idea to give the fishing a miss.
The heat and the blazing sunshine on a flat calm Spey Dam would not have been condjusive to good fishing. It'd  be too darn hot!
So with the Scottish Game Fair at Scone coming up in a few weeks time I got some flytying practice in at my vice tying up various fly patterns for my display stands.
This will be my first time ever flytying in public. To say I'm nervous would be an understatement but is something I'm very much looking forward to.
As well as flytying I decided to tidy up and clear out  my numerous flyboxes! It was a daunting but rewarding task as I ended up with three new empty fly boxes!
This weekend I hope to make that trip up north flyfishing.
I can only hope that the fishing weather improves and that Tam will swap his golf clubs for a fishing rod! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I did the same on Sunday clearing out the old flies but compiling a Forsinard only box ready for next week. The dry flies are dominated by huge stimulators from New Zealand but plenty of other options in one side of a Wheatley box. The wets are also big with black, brown & orange dominant. Loving your Hillend blue invicta style design. Enjoy the Game fair which looks like being a great fly tying exhibition. Cheers Graham

    ReplyDelete

The Clan Chief

Ive been asked by a flytying club in Shropshire England to do a flytying  demonstration via the social media platrorm of zoom nex...