Friday 27 August 2010

Hillend News Flash!


This afternoon while I was passing Hillend Loch I noticed a bit of a commotion near the Hillend Lodge . I pulled in to see why the group of fishermen were all huddled together by the loch shore. On closer inspection I realized that a bloke was playing a huge rainbow trout and was having considerable trouble landing it. With the assistance of one of the Hillend Bailiffs after which was reported to be a good twenty minute heart stopping struggle he managed to eventually net the fish. The fish weighed 13 and a half pound which was probably a personal best for the very happy and lucky angler.
There is a big competition being held at the Loch tomorrow. This fish is believed to be one of a number of huge fish that were stocked this week I await with interest to hear if anymore get caught as I will be at the Loch on Sunday for an outing on the boat and wouldn't mind catching one of these brutes on the fly.

4 comments:

  1. hi allan,
    was nice catching up with you last night for a gab... i hope to be up the loch tonight after my tea.

    ian.l

    ReplyDelete
  2. One word.... no, that needs two... HOLY #@$%. looks to be one happy and lucky guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last dig of the week Stato,catching something remotely trout shaped would be a bonus for you never mind one of this size.

    ReplyDelete

The Sharp & Gentles Way.

I've recently been attending the Sharp & Gentles Flytying Club and thoroughly enjoy my visits there. Im already benefitting and le...