Saturday 2 January 2016

New Year, New Aspirations!


You could say that I've had a bit of a hiatus from my blog. It wasn't really what I had intended, however they way things have worked out over the last few months I haven't much choice due to a number of circumstances.
Nevertheless things appear to have settled back to normal here at Dabbler HQ, with just a few things to be put back in place.
Its a new year and a new start with a couple of big trips planned.
Therefore I look forward to start turning my thoughts to flyfishing and flytying in the coming weeks and months and once again get focused on what I enjoy most.
Today! at long last I managed to get the vice dusted down and put together some feather, fur and tinsel.
I had Highland Lochs in mind when I tied these this afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I have just come across You're Blog. I find it very interesting. Could I ask you what are in these Flies. I live in Ireland, I have been fishing the wild rivers and lakes on and off for ten Years but You could probably count the amount of times on a few hands. I have just started fly tying also.
    Thanks and keep up the good Blog.
    Martin Donnelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly! Martin thanks for taking the time to have a look at my blog and also for commenting.

    The dressing for the above patterns are as follows.......
    Hook Kamasan B160.
    Thread. Claret.
    Body. Claret SLF dubbing
    Rib. Silver tinsel.
    Tail. Pheasant tippets.
    Body Hackle. Claret cock hackle
    Collar Hackle. Dun hen hackle

    ReplyDelete

Heres' to better days ahead!

As the chill of winter fades and the days get longer and warmer, anglers everywhere are preparing for the start of the new trout fishing sea...