Wednesday 27 September 2017

An hour at the edge!

Last weekend my son and I went away for a weekend camping trip in Glencoe.
As the trout season is fast approaching I asked my son if he didn't mind us stopping off at Lochan an H Achalaise for an hour or so on route to our destination.
He's not a fisher you understand but he didn't mind and sat patiently in the car for just over an hour as I  had few casts at this scenic Lochan situated at the edge of Rannoch Moor.
As expected I caught a few small trout, infact they were embarrassingly small to photograph, I'll be honest , they were tiddlers.
However size isn't everything, it's all about the take which is always a thrill.
The scenic location of mountainous and moorland views, more than made up for the lack of  quality trout!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cobbie

My latest flytying video. Hope you like it!  The Cobbie