Tuesday 3 November 2020

The Take!

People ask, what is the one single thing that you enjoy most about the actual practical process of fishing?
Well there are a wide range of processes and experiences that collectively come together to make a good days fishing such as the flytying the night before,  the company, the weather, the anticipation, the surroundings and the landing and netting of the fish but above all for me its the Take!
Take today for instance I had to take a holiday from work to go fishing as I still have a heep to use before the end of the year!
I was keen to get out today as last weekend I was out and I blanked!

That day was all about the mistakes!  as I had plenty interest but nothing would stick
So off I went to Avonhead today to get my fishing confidence back, in much the same way of back in the day when Airdrieonians FC would go to Cliftonhill to collect and take away the routine three points. Nah not really!  Fishing isnt that  easy.
I was up early and started on the north side getting the odd pull now and again then I got that take that I had  come for!  It was aggressive and it fair made my heart race. The rainbow put up a great fight and eventually succumbed to the net and I got to take the obligatory photo!
I fished on anticipating another take however before I did I was frustrated by the mis-takes where either the troot came short or I wasnt quick enough to react!
But sure enough that big take came eventually, that I so keenly desired!
This fish ripped the line right out my hand and headed out to the island in the middle of the pond!
It had taken the GHS a lure I recently tied and which  Iain Johnston named after my late father.
A hard fought fight ensued which I won and celebrated  with an obligatory photo.
Having this lump of a Tiger Trout in the net was a real thrill but nothing  to compare with the take!
And so I ended the day with my Troot confidence intact and the three points  in the bag!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Clan Chief

Ive been asked by a flytying club in Shropshire England to do a flytying  demonstration via the social media platrorm of zoom nex...