Monday 15 March 2021

Let's Go Fishing!

The nights are definitely fair drawn oot! And at last the five month wait is over, the 2021 trout season is upon us!
My ever increasing number of fly boxes are full, my rods and reels have been checked and cleaned, lines and leaders are at the ready and I can only hope that my waders still fit! But I doubt it! 
I am full of enthusiasm and I've had my first Covid vaccination, however the latest travel restrictions are somewhat disheartening!
I'm lucky I suppose that I have Hillend Loch within the limits of this authoritarian Orwellian Scottish Government's travel restraints.
Trips to the highlands and beyond will have to wait for now! 
Its pleasing to note that my local fishing club have now stabilised and put some of the past troubles behind them.
Over the next few weeks it looks like I wont be travelling much further than Hillend Loch's North Shore, Mound, Boathouse Bay, Lowe's Bay, Woodside, Narrows,  Eastercroft Bay, Big & Wee Moss, Braco Burn and Shields Burn which to be honest I'm really looking forward to as over the last couple of years I havent fished much or appreciated my local Loch as much I should have!
Let's Go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cobbie

My latest flytying video. Hope you like it!  The Cobbie