Sunday 30 January 2022

Mallard & Blue

Of all the Mallard trout fly series that are available to the fly fisherman the claret version is the best known and most popular. 
I have to say it's one of my favourite patterns and I always have a few tucked away in my fly box.
One version that is not so well known and is recommended for the sea trout is the Mallard & Blue.
When I first heard of it I tied it up as thought it might look but after a look through my library I tied another interpretation (blue hackled version) of it as described in EJ Malones excellent book "Irish Trout & Salmon Flies." 
I'm certain this fly will do very well on the lochs of the Outer Hebrides  where I hope to get to again this year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Harold's Grouse & Claret

Hope you enjoy this video I put together of the fly pattern "Harolds Grouse and Claret"  I came across this pattern in...