Monday 10 January 2022

The Gallows Pole

As  many of you may know who read my blog frequently I have a great enthusiasm for collecting
Flytying and flyfishing books.
What you may not know is I also collect old fishing magazines much to the Irritation of my wife as I have umpteen big boxes of them stored under our stairs and various other cupboards. I dont think i'll ever part with them as they are a great source of inspiration and Information.
I was looking through some 20 or so year old trout & salmon magazines the other day and got interested in a fly pattern I'd never heard of before which was curiously named the Gallows Pole! 
Nothing really new or original about it but thought it looked interesting enough and worth tying up a couple for the forthcoming season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sharp & Gentles Way.

I've recently been attending the Sharp & Gentles Flytying Club and thoroughly enjoy my visits there. Im already benefitting and le...