Tuesday 7 May 2024

Up @ Daft O'Clock

It had been a busy old weekend so the last thing I needed was to be up at daft o' clock on Monday morning just to go fishing! However thats what I did My friends arranged to pick me up in the pitch dark just so we could arrive at the loch for first light. However their idea of leaving Airdrie at the ungodly hour of 4.OO am proved to be daft Indeed.
Just as dawn was breaking on our arrival at the loch its waters were flat calm and motionless. 
We never gained any advantage by the early start as no troot action started until a breeze picked up after nine o clock. 
A good day was had by all though and the forecast of rain all day didnt materialise. I managed to fool a good number of trout but netteed five with patterns such as The Wingless Wickhams and the Watten Warrior. 
I think 17 trout were caught between the four of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Up @ Daft O'Clock

It had been a busy old weekend so the last thing I needed was to be up at daft o' clock on Monday morning just to go fishing! However th...