Saturday 19 May 2012

Deer Hair Emergers!



Tonight! in between free kicks,penalty kicks tears and cheers I got round to tying a few deer hair emergers. If you are wondering what the hell I am talking about,tonight I was watching the Champions League Final and tying flies too. As  I have already stated in the past I am not much of a river fisher and when ever I have fished the  river I usually use weighted nymphs or spiders.Looking around the reports of river fishing on various forums It appears that I have been missing a trick by not using deer hair emergers so I decided that it was about time I tied some for use on the Clyde sometime soon. These emergers are the first I have tied. They are not very pretty but are rather more functional looking flies rather than anything else and at the end of the day that is probably more important. They are far from perfect but I'm sure they will improve the more I tye.

1 comment:

  1. Watched Davie Macphail tying these on his video, they look a complex fly but tying made simpler watching a maestro in action, might be tempted to run up a few of these myself now!

    ReplyDelete

The Sharp & Gentles Way.

I've recently been attending the Sharp & Gentles Flytying Club and thoroughly enjoy my visits there. Im already benefitting and le...