Friday 29 March 2013

Good Friday Fishing!


 
Today as I set off to the loch I drove out into driving sleet and snow so I decided to make a diversion and visited my mother and waited for a change in the weather. An hour and half later the weather changed and I was off up to the loch. On arrival I met Iain a work colleague and we walked round towards the boathouse bay. I fished at the gorse bushes for a wee while without a response then I moved into the bay where I was encouraged with a couple of takes a short while later I managed to hook and land a rainbow of about 2lb which was fooled by a Humungous on the point. It put up a good fight but I eventually managed to play it out and bring the trout ashore. I must remember to start bringing my net with me as it would have saved me from some heart stopping moments. For the last couple of years Ive not been taking my net as I cant be bothered carrying it around but I think I will have to start taking it again as it will make landing the trout a whole lot easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heres' to better days ahead!

As the chill of winter fades and the days get longer and warmer, anglers everywhere are preparing for the start of the new trout fishing sea...