Monday 3 May 2021

Sunday Night!

On Sunday night I visited Hillend Loch or the first time in around three weeks or so! 
I chose to fish from the south shore between the wee Moss and the Big Stane! 
I arrived on the shore about 7pm. The wind was blowing from the west and was surprisingly quite cold.
I started fishing with a daiwl Bach on the dropper and a Pheasant tail nymph on the point.
There was a fair wave on the water as I began fishing but I just didnt feel confident with the two small nymphs so it wasn't too long before I made a change to my set up. 
I stuck a yellow dancer on the point and a black snatcher on  the dropper and within a handful of casts I got a response. 
The fish had three attempts at my lure before finally sticking! 
A nice rainbow of about 2lb was netted and dispatched to take home.
I didnt bother continuing on for much longer after landing my trout so soon packed up and headed home to feed the cat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heres' to better days ahead!

As the chill of winter fades and the days get longer and warmer, anglers everywhere are preparing for the start of the new trout fishing sea...