Sunday 5 February 2023

Looking Ahead

Recently I've had horrible  thoughts of visiting a local bashery just to remind myself of what its like to hook and land a fish! 
I even turned to the dark side one evening and tyed up some lures!
However common sense prevailed and my thoughts soon turned to the new season ahead. 
We are now into February and don't have too long to wait until the trout season begins.
I'll be picking up my membership from the A & DAC at Hillend in a  couple of weeks and I have to say that I'm not happy with the price increase, it's a bit steep especially in the current financial climate. I look forward to hearing the reasons for it.
All could have been explained and debated at the AGM last week but the meeting was cancelled and will now take place in April when the season is well underway and all the members will have purchased their memberships. That just doesnt sit right with me.
I'm fortunate I can just about manage with the increase but I'm sure there will be many who cant! 
Anyway I digress. I'm really looking forward to the season ahead at Hillend as the water levels are at the best they've been for many a year. I just hope that the level can be maintained and that the fly life has not been affected too much by the record low levels at the Loch last year.
I've also got a  couple of trips to look forward to, a weekend away to Caithness in July and a week on Benbecula and N & S Uist in August.
So as ever I've been busy at the vice tying with these trips in mind as well as patterns to use at Hillend.
Heres a few of the flies ive been filling my boxes with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cobbie

My latest flytying video. Hope you like it!  The Cobbie