Saturday 17 July 2010

Bright Waters!


Imagine my surprise today when I came home from work this afternoon. Behind the door was lying a package from Coch-y-Bonddu books. I didn't understand. I couldn't recall ordering a book to add to my ever increasing collection and I doubted very much that my son or other half had ordered me a birthday present a week early. Excitedly I ripped the package open to find a copy of 'Bright Waters' which is a 'celebration' as it proclaims on the jacket cover, of Irish game, course and sea angling. I was puzzled as to who had sent me this book as there was no letter or invoice attached. Then I remembered that I had sent of a short story to Fly Fishing & Fly tying magazine last month and that the prize for getting the story published in the magazine was the said book. I had bought this month's magazine yesterday and noticed that the Fish Story feature was not within this months pages. I think it's now a bi monthly feature. I can only assume I must have been successful with my story.I'm going to have a nice bottle of red to celebrate tonight. hic!

2 comments:

  1. Great job man. I had some stuff published in a magazine a few years ago and its a great feeling to have your stuff recognized. Very rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is indeed.That's the second short story I have had published in that mag.
    Cheers, Allan.

    ReplyDelete

Heres' to better days ahead!

As the chill of winter fades and the days get longer and warmer, anglers everywhere are preparing for the start of the new trout fishing sea...