Saturday, 15 September 2012

I've been flytying again



Over the last few months I haven't been tying at all but as I have a forthcoming stravaig to Highlands to look forward to before the season ends I thought I would stock up on some patterns that I was short of. The flies above are Kate McLarens which are tied on a Kamasan hook B160 size 14. Its actually a short shank size 14 and the spiders are tied on straightforward kamasan B175 size 14. I'm off to Caithness on Tuesday so the Kates will come in handy for Watten and Sarclet. Then on Thursday we cross country and head for Wester Ross where I will be fishing lochs and lochans I am unfamiliar with which is all part of the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Charlie Maclean trout fly

Recorded a video of tying the Hebridean fly pattern: The Charlie Maclean. A wee bit too heavy with the hackles I think but overa...