Monday 6 April 2020

Dunkeld Sparkler

I must say I'm not a purist in any shape or form.
However when I fish for brown trout, my flies of choice are always trad wets! However my head may have been turned recently.
During this lockdown I've been spending more time than I should do on flytying sites and youtube which has made me have a rethink with regards to my approach to flyfishing for brown trout!
These last few days I've read and watched videos of modern day fly patterns which have made me think I should really have a go at tying and fishing these patterns.
Therefore today I tied a couple of Dunkeld Sparklers. 
This one Ive uploaded is the neatest I tied. I'm gonna try them in smaller sizes too. I really like the look of this and see no reason why a wild brown trout would refuse such a pattern.
I'm sure that if our flytying and flyfishing predecessors had the modern materials at their disposal such as we do today then they wouldn't hesitate to use them!
I cant wait to get to the othe side of this current crisis and give a few of these modern trout patterns a go among some of the classic brown trout waters


1 comment:

  1. Nice to see that your back. I fairly missed your blog. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

The Cobbie

My latest flytying video. Hope you like it!  The Cobbie