Thursday 2 April 2020

Lockdown & Priorities

Now that the country is in complete Lockdown due to these unprecedented times I though this would be as good a time as any to resume my blog which I have neglected the last couple of years!
There are a few reasons I've deserted my blog these last couple of years. The main reason being that I haven't been fishing much at all and up until now the flytying gear has been in storage too.
To be quite blunt my interest in Fly fishing was beginning to disappear and that troubles me. Why could something that I was so passionate about be the last thing I would want to do? I suppose other stuff and life in general has taken more importance!
I recently was diagnosed with shingles, a couple of weeks before this current lockdown came into force. Therefore I've been stuck in the house for the best part of  month and it's at times like this that it makes you think and wonder about what's important I life. My family comes first and it's been rather concerning of late as my wife has been working through this crisis as she is at the sharp end working in a pharamacy. My son has recently been made redundant and has a health issue that concerns my wife and I.
However life must go on! Being grounded this last wee while has made me realize that we should make the most of every opportunity we get to do the things that we really enjoy and learn to never ever take anything for granted.
Therefore my thoughts have once again been turning to Fly fishing and flytying!
I've been digging out old photos and videos of past fishing trips etc and organizing my fishing gear etc and planning days away to well loved Lochs when this Covid19 crisis is over!
I've also been reading through my flytying books which has inspired me to get the vice out and start tying again!
Pictured here are variatons of  the Kate McLaren pattern I saw described in George Barron's excellent book! At the end of the line!
We've just got to hope that this crisis will be over sooner rather than later and I for one am looking forward to getting out on the otherside! Here's to more Fly fishing, flytying and blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Clan Chief

Ive been asked by a flytying club in Shropshire England to do a flytying  demonstration via the social media platrorm of zoom nex...