Sunday 20 December 2020

Eleven years of the Hillend Dabbler

Today my Hillend Dabbler flyfishing & Flytying Blog is eleven years old! 

I never thought when I created this blog spot that all these years later I would still be sharing my observations, fishing reports and flytying!
Back in 2009 Gordon Brown was the British Prime Minister and Barac Obama was the President of the United States.
We even endured a pandemic back then too when Swine flu spread all over the world!.
It's been a real joy to look back over the past eleven years at my fishing trips and days out and remember them as if it was only recently.
It's also very pleasing to notice that my flytying skills have Improved and developed over the years too.
This year the emphasis on my my blog has been mostly flytying due of course to travel restrictions and various forms of lockdown.
Any fishing I have managed to do has only been to local venues. Ive really missed getting away to the highlands but hopefully if the covid situation improves I will get up North and over to the Hebrides next year!
You may have noticed #Lockdownflytying has been prevelant on all social media outlets with flytyers all over the country filling their boxes with copious amounts of flies hoping for better days when we can all get out and about and enjoy or passion for flyfishing!
Recently I've been tying a fair amount of cruncher variations for my box as I intend using this versatile pattern more often especially at Hillend.
In closing I would just like to thank all the people from all over the world who have taken the time to read my blog! I hope you have found some interest and inspiration in my reports,  flytying and photographs.
So here I will finish and raise a glass in celebration of eleven years of The Hillend Dabbler Blogspot! It's been such a pleasure and something I will endeavour to continue with.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cobbie

My latest flytying video. Hope you like it!  The Cobbie