Tuesday 1 December 2020

Hebridean Flytying Nights!

Its official I'm heading to the Outer Hebrides in August.

This last week or so it's been a real pleasure pouring over the maps, books and guides of this far north west archipelago.

Most of all however it's been a joy to sit at my vice and tie fly patterns for the numerous lochs I have on my "to fish" list. Some I've fished and some I havent.

I've already filled one box with Loch style wets and a few hogs, and will probably fill more!

There is something aesthetically pleasing about tying Loch style patterns especially for the outer Hebrides. I wish I could explain what it was in words but I find that very difficult. 

They just seem to suit and fit in with the wild remote beauty of the lochs and waters on these Islands.

Here are just a few of the patterns I've tied recently.









No comments:

Post a Comment

The Clan Chief

Ive been asked by a flytying club in Shropshire England to do a flytying  demonstration via the social media platrorm of zoom nex...