Monday 19 April 2010

Another Pike


After catching a a rather ugly Pike last night I went up to the Loch this afternoon hoping to have better success with the trout. I fished the narrows, the boathouse bay,the side of the woods, up by the Island, The point of the woods, The Three trees, right round the back of the woods without success. Then I decided to have my last half hour at Lowe's Bay. Soon I was into a fish . I knew it wasn't big and I was thinking it might be a wee broonie or a perch. Imagine my surprise when I brought a very, very small pike to the surface. Well at least it was a better looking one than last night, in fact it was a wee beauty.

2 comments:

  1. That's a great fish! Never seen one so small and I don't mean that negatively as it is a lovely looking wee fish!

    Best of luck tonight with the grey day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was up on Sunday and got a pike, easily 5lb in it . Only touch I got all day but was happy with that

    ReplyDelete

The Sharp & Gentles Way.

I've recently been attending the Sharp & Gentles Flytying Club and thoroughly enjoy my visits there. Im already benefitting and le...