Sunday 11 April 2010

A Lovely Hillend Afternoon.





With the wife contended that my son would treat her to a nice drive to South Queensferry for Sunday Lunch I decided to indulge myself with a Lovely Sunday Afternoon at Hillend.
With the weather being so lovely the Loch was a bit too busy for my liking.I squeezed in for a few cast in the narrows, then I walked through the woods to Lowe's Bay. While walking through the woods I met Dennis. He said to me , What do you think? I looked down and he was carrying an enormous Fish. 17lb he said. He opened up the material he had wrapped it in to reveal a huge Pike.I was a bit taken aback as to why he had chapped it so to speak. He caught it on a Black Fritz Lure. I was puzzled and disappointed that he had killed it. Then I went round to the mound where I met auld Wull and Charlie.After a chin wag with them I decided to make my way round to the North Shore where I met a couple of blokes who recognized me from the Fly Fishing Forum. They told me they look at this Blog from time to time and said they enjoyed it. It was good to meet them and also good to know that people are enjoying this Blog. On reaching the North Shore I lazed around in the grass watching the Yaughtsmen sailing on the Loch and lapping up the sunshine I eventually started to fish and eventually caught my one and only trout of the Day. I caught it on a my Black wooly Bugger which has a bunch of dyed Pheasant tail for a tail instead of the usual marabou. Contented with my fish I wearily made my way back to the car park at the east end of the Loch. On the drive home I reflected on what was a perfect Sunday Afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Clan Chief

Ive been asked by a flytying club in Shropshire England to do a flytying  demonstration via the social media platrorm of zoom nex...