Saturday 10 March 2012

All White at Hillend!


Tyed a few more lures this evening in various colours and styles. I quite like this one. It actually has a red collar hackle with a white one in front but you cant see it properly due to my choice of background and poor photography skills. I think this will work well at Hillend as lures with white marabou tails such as Dancers etc and the like have always been successful at our place. Over the next few days I will be tying lures extensively as I don't really have many lures in my armoury. This year I'm going to use them at the start of the season in conjunction with my sink tip line and hope to get a few troot in the net and the freezer to share with my fish loving friends and family.

1 comment:

  1. I am not much of a lure angler, but two that have been working for me a lot recently are the good old Cats Whiskers ( but with a heavy tungsten bead) and the Montana Nymph with a leaded underbody. Both have been quite deadly on the 'bows. Even when fish appear near the top, the takes all seem to be a bit deeper down, in my fishing anyway. Tight lines for 2012!

    ReplyDelete

The Sharp & Gentles Way.

I've recently been attending the Sharp & Gentles Flytying Club and thoroughly enjoy my visits there. Im already benefitting and le...