Tuesday 11 March 2014

When it comes to the crunch!


As always fly fishing and flytying is never far from my mind so when I had some spare time at lunchtime today I tied a couple of flies. I don't like to call it a cruncher as some folks get their knickers in a twist when the pattern is not exactly tied with the so called correct materials. This always makes me laugh. I tie for pleasure and sometimes I will just tie which ever materials are at hand. There are many variants of the cruncher out there so this is just one of my variations.
There's been a lot of talk recently on forums and magazines about these patterns. I must say I haven't used this fly for a few years but might find a time to utilise them this season at some point. I have so many fly patterns to try but as usual will end up using the tried and tested ones but when its comes to the crunch its always nice to try something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sharp & Gentles Way.

I've recently been attending the Sharp & Gentles Flytying Club and thoroughly enjoy my visits there. Im already benefitting and le...