Friday 24 January 2014

My Vice and I


Still not been out fishing this close season fishery or grayling wise. I have no short term plans to do so.
I have however been continuing to spend time at the vice most nights and I now have a large tub of flies that I will need to sort out and get into fly boxes for the start of the trout season which is getting closer every day. I intend to experiment with various spider patterns this season this is the latest pattern to fall from my vice.
I've been encouraged by a recent fly swap I have been involved in and have been exchanging ideas and patterns on my favourite fishing forum. I tied this pattern this afternoon whilst on my lunch break. I'm going to tie half a dozen of these tonight but I think I will add either a silver tinsel or silver wire rib. This should be useful on highland lochs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sharp & Gentles Way.

I've recently been attending the Sharp & Gentles Flytying Club and thoroughly enjoy my visits there. Im already benefitting and le...