Tuesday 5 July 2022

Saving my Fishing Season

This season so far fo me has been a disappointment as I've only managed one day trip away and my enthusiasm to fish Hillend is currently as low as it has ever been due to the current state of the Loch.
However there is hope that my season could yet be saved as I was contacted recently regarding a trip to the Outer Hebrides in late August. I'm currently waiting on that being confirmed.
I'm also hoping to get a  couple of day trips sorted before this month is out too with a  couple of friends.
Heres hoping that all will come to fruition.
As ever Ive been busy at the vice.
It really does help with the disappointment of my lack of fishing.
Heres a few examples of my recent vicework! 
Top fly is a very useful Clan Chief variation. Second from top is a fly based on a Harold Howorth pattern with an element of a claret bumble in the mix.The next two are famous Caitbness patterns, The Dirty Weeker and the Watten Warrior.The bottom flee is just a generic loch style wet with a partridge  head hackle which gives the fly great movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Clan Chief

Ive been asked by a flytying club in Shropshire England to do a flytying  demonstration via the social media platrorm of zoom nex...