Sunday 1 January 2023

Happy New Year!

Now that all the glitter, tinsel and wrapping paper of Christmas has been trashed or packed away until next December or is it October? I would like to wish everyone who reads this blog a very prosperous and Happy New Year!
I'm looking forward to the new year and hope that all our dreams and aspirations come to fruition on a personal level and angling front.
Angling wise I've not really got much planned other than a weekend trip to Caithness in the summer. I'm looking forward to that as it's been a good few years since I last cast a line in the far north east.
I will renew by membership for Airdrie & District Angling Club again and can only hope that the fly fishing at Hillend Loch will improve after such a disastrous and disapointing season last year.
I will also probably get my UCAPA ticket for the Clyde and maybe this year actually use it as river fishing is something I'm very Interested in and want to learn.
As ever I will most likely be as busy as ever at the vice.
I'm actually thinking of heading down to Stoke to attend the British Fly Fair International in February with an overnight stay at my Brothers place in Penrith to break up the journey.
Its been over ten years since I last attended that event and really enjoyed it last time. One of the highlights back then was meeting the Master Flytyer, Oliver Edwards give what he said then would be his last flytying demo at the show. It was a bit of a shock to recently hear that  Oliver is not in the best of health and is now in a care home. He has been such an inspiration to many.
Last night before the Bells of the new year rang out I tied a few  flees in a couple of my favourite styles. Dabblers and Bumbles. Whilst not true Dabblers they are similar and can see them working well for trout that are in the hunt for fry! The Bumbles as ever should be good in a rolling wave.
So once again have a Very Happy New Year.
In the meantime I'm way to prepare the steak pie for the family New Year Dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cobbie

My latest flytying video. Hope you like it!  The Cobbie