Sunday 6 January 2013

Flies for the Highlands


Tonight I pulled up a chair switched on the radio and poured myself a coffee and started attaching tinsel, thread, wire and feather to some hooks in the hope that the resulting flies will be used for catching brown trout in a few lochans that I have in mind come the Spring. Nothing new or innovative here just another half dozen or so palmered flies to add to the hundreds of patterns that I already have. This year though I'm going to cut down on the amount of flies I carry with me. I say this every year but hopefully this year I will have the confidence to do so. Its so much more comfortable and enjoyable to go fishing as light as possible. These style of flies are always reliable on highland lochans so these are being added to the one box which I intend carrying this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heres' to better days ahead!

As the chill of winter fades and the days get longer and warmer, anglers everywhere are preparing for the start of the new trout fishing sea...