Friday 12 October 2018

Naming rights!

Just tied the one so far tonight. Again I never followed any set pattern. Just a style I like to tie! Im calling it The Gallivanter!
Ive noted recently that when posting up flies publicly you need to be careful about naming them. In some quarters its sacrilidge to claim a pattern to be such and su ch for unless one sticks to the exact dressing you really cant claim the flee to be what you say it is. Which to be honest I totally get, because that just causes confusion! Lets put it this way, You buy a new car, a Vauxhall Astra! You really cant tell everybody you've got a new Porsche! 😂 Some  folk take this fly tying game a bit too serious its really only just a bit of fun! Anyway I hope you like my Gallivanter!



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Clan Chief

Ive been asked by a flytying club in Shropshire England to do a flytying  demonstration via the social media platrorm of zoom nex...