Monday 31 August 2020

Flytying Inspiration

Flytying inspiration comes from various sources such as books, magazines, websites, friends and more than ever these days...youtube flytyers such as Davie McPhail and Martyn White aka Flickingfeathers .
I used to collect T&S and FF&FT for years and have boxes of them in the loft.
However I stopped buying them as they were getting repetitive and be coming more of an advertising vehicle more than anything else.
However last week I bought a fishing magazine for the first time in  years! Just to read during my lunchtime at work.
I purchased The Autumn edition of T&S which I found to be as expected very dull with not a lot to interest me, apart from one article which caught my eye on a fly pattern called the mandarin crippler.
Always a sucker for tying big bushy patterns I read this page with interest as I liked the look of this as it suited my style of fishing and I fancied having a go at tying this pattern.
However I don't have the exact materials as described in the article I tied a couple up in a similar style!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cobbie

My latest flytying video. Hope you like it!  The Cobbie