Monday 22 February 2021

Lockdown Flytying Day!

On Sunday I popped in and and out of the virtual flytying day  that was organised by Lindsay Simpson  and other fantastic flytyers on you tube. It was a really great event and much food for thought from the fantastic patterns and styles that were on display. 
A couple that caught my eye were Davie McPhail's detached Green Peter and Stevie O'Neills Claret Georgeous George!
Suitably inspired I had a go at Stevie's pattern this morning.
I didnt have a claret grizzle cape for the body hackle so substituted that with a fiery brown grizzle!
This pattern will be a welcome addition to my box!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Allan,
    After a 30 year break I have taken to (driven to by lock-down boredom) fly tying. Age related poor sight Is not helping but over the last couple of months I have been happy with progress on small dries, nymphs and emergers suitable for our soft southern trout.
    I love fishing lochs in northwest Scotland – anywhere that entails a sweaty climb to get to and where you are not going to see anyone all day. The photos of your flies on Twitter make me very envious!
    My question is this: What is the minimum that I should be on my shopping list if I were to start tying loch patterns?
    If you could help I would be very grateful.
    Neil

    ReplyDelete

The Cobbie

My latest flytying video. Hope you like it!  The Cobbie