Saturday 22 April 2023

Oliver Edwards

This evening I have just heard the sad news that Oliver Edwards has passed away. Oliver Edwards was a great inspiration to so many people. I was inspired by his articles in the Flyfishing & Flytying magazine, his flytyers masterclass book and of course his wonderful series of Essential Skills dvd's. 
I was lucky enough to be present at one of his flytying demos at the BFFI in Stoke back in 2010 when I recall him telling the audience that this would be the last time he would attend such a show. I liked his no nonesense approach. He truly was one of the greats! 
He will be such a loss to the flytying and flyfishing community.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dirty Weeker

Hope you enjoy my latest flytying video of a pattern of Caithness origins. The Dirty Weeker