Saturday 15 July 2023

A few wet hours on the Upper Clyde

As my short break from work was coming to an end another day fishing was just what I required before returning to the humdrum of the working week on Monday.
I decided to head down M74 on Friday afternoon. 
Within the hour I was on the river, unfortunately in the pouring rain. However my spirits weren't dampened as I was soon into a lovely wee Clyde broonie fooled by a partridge & orange fly pattern.
The troot action continued afterwards,  missing umpteen and netting three more.
I had no need to change my flies as my two fly cast of black spider and partridge and orange attracted the trout all afternoon.
Although the trout were of no great size they were lovely and put a fair bend in my rod.
All too soon my time on the river was over and I was back off up the road taking the scenic road via the Clyde valley tourist route.
I only had a few hours on the river but it was all I needed.
The Upper Clyde area really is a lovely part of world with quite a bit of Roman history which is well worth delving into. It's well worth a visit even if you're not a fisherman.




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dirty Weeker

Hope you enjoy my latest flytying video of a pattern of Caithness origins. The Dirty Weeker