Tuesday 4 July 2023

Flytying at the Scottish Game Fair 2023

Last weekend I had the absolute pleasure of flyting at  the Scottish Game Fair 2023 at Scone
It was a great peivilage and delight to be in the company of some of the best flytyers around at such a  prestigious event over the three days.
This was the first time I had tied at a show so I was a little nervous but was made to feel very welcome by the flytyers and soon relaxed and enjoyed the whole experience.
I must say that I did find the first day quite tiring as I dont usually tie over such a long period.
It was also nice to chat with the public  as I was tying and great to meet some friends and colleagues who had come along to the game fair and visited the flytying tent to see me.
There was quite a variety of styles and patterns on show by the flytyers and fantastic to see.
I  decided to stick to tying Loch style wets which I find very aesthetically pleasing to tie. Although in some  quarters this style be seem old fashioned and out of date  there was a fair bit of interest in this style at my vice.
I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank all fly tyers and organisers for making me feel so welcome and putting the event together.
Now that I have had a ttaste of flytying at a show it's something I would most certainly like to experience again.
So hopefully I will get some invites to do some more shows!
Hope you enjoy my pics and some of the flies I tied at the Game Fair below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dirty Weeker

Hope you enjoy my latest flytying video of a pattern of Caithness origins. The Dirty Weeker