Friday 4 August 2023

Lady Caroline


Can't believe how lucky I was In the Davie McPhail monthly draw  last  Monday night, as I won a framed famous Spey Fly pattern: The Lady Caroline, tied by Davie McPhail himself.
I was so pleased and what a coincidence it was too as in the afternoon before the draw on Monday night I was listening to a podcast about the history of Spey Flies with John Shewey who is the the author of the magnificent book "Spey Flies.Their history and Construction!"
Then when I got home from work  I dug out the book from my shelves and read a couple of chapters about the famous Spey ghillie  and possible originator of the Lady Caroline pattern, Geordie Shanks. 
Unfortunately I was unable to watch the draw live in the evening as I was out for a few hours 
However it was a great  thrill to learn I had won when I watched it when I got home.
It was fate! 
There is always an array of fantastic prizes in Davie's monthly draw and it's well worth entering. I've now won on three occasions.
Click the link below to get a flavour of the draw.
This latest prize win will take pride of place in my tying room and will be something I will Treasurer! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dirty Weeker

Hope you enjoy my latest flytying video of a pattern of Caithness origins. The Dirty Weeker