Thursday 27 May 2010

Green Drakes


Breaking News! I can exclusively reveal [in a chick Young style] that the Green Drakes are at this very moment in time making their annual appearance at Hillend Loch. I had heard from a Hillend experienced source that these meaty flees were on the water. So off I went up to the Loch yesterday evening to see for myself this marvel of nature. Of course they hatch more abundantly through the day but last night there were a few making the odd appearance.I was hoping to get a photograph of one but the one I had set my sights on was swallowed up by a gull that glided above me and in on precise swoop dived down effortlessly and flew away with it hanging from its beak.
Here is the pattern I use when the Green Drakes are on the water at Hillend. I have to admit I wasn't successful last night with this fly but it has a proven record for catching trout when the Drakes are out. Tie one and try one you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sharp & Gentles Way.

I've recently been attending the Sharp & Gentles Flytying Club and thoroughly enjoy my visits there. Im already benefitting and le...