Thursday 14 June 2012

Broke at Thankerton Bridge






It was my bi weekly Monday off at the start of the week so rather than visit the loch I'm currently scunnered with I decided to head south down the Clyde to the Thankerton area. I arrived at the Bridge parked up and strung my rod. Before walking down to the river I stopped for a few minutes to watch the river from the bridge. I could see some fish rising to up winged flies. So off I went down to the waters edge. I made a couple of casts and was surprised to get a tug right away on my deer hair emerger. Encouraged I made a few more casts but caught the shrubs on the back cast. I walked towards my snagged line and gave it a gentle tug but to my astonishment I snapped my rod. It was a clean break close to one of the rod eyes. To say I was annoyed would be an understatement. I stormed back to the car cursing at my stupidity. On the drive back to Airdrie I decided that as well as taking my rod to the Airdrie Angling shop to get repaired I thought that my misfortune would be a good excuse as any to get a new rod too. I was glad to hear that Johnny will be able to repair my rod which I will now keep as a spare as I argued with my conscience and got a new rod too

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cobbie

My latest flytying video. Hope you like it!  The Cobbie