Monday 7 December 2020

The Jacobite

I was recently made aware of an interesting looking flee that I had never heard of or seen before, called "The Jacobite."

I know of a water out on the Outer Hebrides which is known as Flora's Loch and was thinking that this pattern may be useful on a cast along with The Pretender! 

However history tells us this combination  may prove futile! 

Seriously though I do like the look of this pattern and look forward to giving it a cast on the Machar Lochs of South Uist.

Heres my variation of The Jacobite! 

Size 10 barbless hook.
Claret  14/0 sheer thread.
Red holo butt (varnished)
Rear body dark claret seals fur.
Oval silver rib.
Front body sunburst fritz.
Rear red cock hackle.
Claret hen head hackle.




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sharp & Gentles Way.

I've recently been attending the Sharp & Gentles Flytying Club and thoroughly enjoy my visits there. Im already benefitting and le...