Tuesday 26 January 2021

Meddling with Muddlers

This weekend I have been quite lazy as I had planned on doing a fair bit of walking to try and reduce the Covid Beef mountain I appear to be accumilating!
I did venture out once over the weekend for a cold and icey walk around the Lily Loch.
However most of the weekend has been spent sitting at the vice, tying mostly muddlers! 
I'd been tying a few Blue Zulu Muddlers which apparently, are great patterns to have in your armoury when fishing out on the Outer Hebrides! Where I hope to going in August Covid Permitting!
So after tying a row of these I had a look online for any unusual or obscure muddler style patterns to tie.
A pattern which caught my eye was the Voshimid Muddler which to my eye looks like a Teal Blue & Silver Muddler.
Apparently this is great taker of sea trout & salmon.
I'm sure there is a great video kicking about of Paul Young fishing on Voshimid. I cant remember if he was fishing that muddler though. I'll need to check it out and find out.
I'm never that happy with my muddlers as it's always  a bit hit or miss how they look after Ive taken the scissors to them for a trim.
However I'm fairly satisfied with these three on show.
Its probably down to me practicing  and tying so many this weekend.
I suppose lockdown has its advantages in having me stuck at my vice these last few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sharp & Gentles Way.

I've recently been attending the Sharp & Gentles Flytying Club and thoroughly enjoy my visits there. Im already benefitting and le...