Friday 8 January 2021

Alternatives!

Since the start of the new year I've been tying just as many variations of a few trout fly patterns as the Scottish Football Authorities  have of Covid 19 rules and regulations for their member clubs.
However there is nothing unscrupulous in my flytying. I am acutely aware and very reluctant  to name my patterns just incase someone deems them irregular fly dressings.

Pictured here are a few Alternative dressings of  patterns with my added twist. 

Here is a reimagined variant of the Kate McLaren incorporating  a green collar hackle which gives the pattern a whole new look!

Ive also tied a couple of alternative versions of the Sooty Olive!
It is difficult to say for certain what the original dressing for these well known Irish Lough flies is
as there is an abundance of variations to choose from! 

Also pictured is a generic winged loch style wet pattern which has a bit of a Dunkeld look about it in there somewhere, which was unintentional at the time.
I hope you like them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sharp & Gentles Way.

I've recently been attending the Sharp & Gentles Flytying Club and thoroughly enjoy my visits there. Im already benefitting and le...