Monday 7 June 2021

Frustration!

My two most recent visits to Hillend have been rather frustrating! 
Last Wednesday night I had the boathouse bay to myself, probably because it was a rather murky night with a brisk cold easterly wind blowing down the loch. As a result there wasnt much fly life around and I only saw a couple of fish showing all night. 
However I did fool a troot with the fly pictured top here. Never the less i only managed to hook  play and lose it,  much to my ire as it was the only troot action I encountered all night! 
On Friday night I ventured down to the wee moss area where I once again hooked, played and lost a troot this time fooled by a suspender buzzer pictured here.
On close inspection of my flies I noticed that the hook got straightened. 
Since then I've tied a few more SBs on good strong kamasan hooks. 
Heres hoping that my next time up at the Loch proves to be more successful. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cobbie

My latest flytying video. Hope you like it!  The Cobbie