Thursday 23 September 2021

Mixed Fortunes

Since getting back from South Uist last month my fishing opportunities have been few far between with not much success. As noted in my last post Hillend produced one trout for me.
A few days later I had a very tough night at Cobbinshaw where once again a solitary trout was my only reward.
I then had an outing at the Lily Loch for the first time this season where I blanked.
I next ventured down the clyde for the first time in about ten years. Although I didnt tempt any trout I had a thoroughly enjoyable day down in the Abington and Crawford area reaquainting myself with the lovely river Clyde.
I'm hoping to have a few more days on the Clyde for the grayling this winter and hopefully another day down there for the trout before the season ends.
In between those outings as usual I've not been far away from my vice tying a mixed selection of patterns for both river and Loch. 
With just a couple of weekends remaining of the season I hope to get out at least a  couple of times before the flytying season begins! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Clan Chief

Ive been asked by a flytying club in Shropshire England to do a flytying  demonstration via the social media platrorm of zoom nex...