Monday 29 August 2022

Outer Hebrides Stravaig

A couple of days ago I returned from a very enjoyable  week of flyfishing on Benbecula and N&S Uist with five enthusiastic wild fishing friends.
The fishing was tough for me. I caught a few but nothing of note, however a couple of my companions did strike some Hebridean Gold 
The weather was favourable all be it a bit blowy at times.
As ever the digs, the food, drink, patter and company in the evenings was first class, we also made new fishing friends with a couple of fishermen who were staying in the hostel with us.
I found the week a bit tiring with all the late nights and getting up early to fish every day! 
Maybe it's an age thing but to be honest I know it's a fitness issue and If I want to do similar trips in the future I'm gonna have to address my fitness issue! 
Despite my fitness woes I had a terrific week and I'm sure my companions did too,

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cobbie

My latest flytying video. Hope you like it!  The Cobbie