Sunday 13 June 2010

7lb Hillend Brown Trout!


Unfortunately folks I did not catch this fine brown trout. Ian Lawson, a Hillend regular got in touch with me to tell me of his magnificent capture. Ian caught this beauty at the end of April while fishing in the Bracco Burn area at Hillend Loch in the evening.Ian was using his posh fly rod, an Orvis Helios 6 weight with a two fly set up which consisted of a cdc buzzer on the point and on the dropper he fished a crisp packet buzzer tied by one of Hillend's renowned fly tyers, Bobby Lennon.
Ian informed me that he fished this method by letting the flees swing round in a drift. I don't fish much in that style. I have done in the past but I usually run out of patience. Think I might need to have a rethink in that department if this is the results it can bring. Well done Ian!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sharp & Gentles Way.

I've recently been attending the Sharp & Gentles Flytying Club and thoroughly enjoy my visits there. Im already benefitting and le...