Saturday 12 May 2012

Fly Tying Weather


Yesterday I had intended making a long overdue visit back to Dungavel reservoir but the weather forecast was unsavoury so rather than make the journey to the reservoir and most probably scunner myself I decided that my Friday off would  be a fly tying day instead as there will be other days for a visit when the weather will be more favourable. I made a quick trip into the GAC for some odds and ends then when I got back I  got the coffee machine brewed up and proceeded to have a very pleasant day drinking coffee and tying flies while the wind and rain lashed my window. I tied about a dozen loch style patterns. I tied a few variations of the Kate, my favourite fly. This one was the best of the bunch. Hope to wet it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Clan Chief

Ive been asked by a flytying club in Shropshire England to do a flytying  demonstration via the social media platrorm of zoom nex...