Monday 16 November 2020

Tough day @ Polmont

The title of this latest blog post may be a bit missleading as my friend and I "got oot on Saturday!" It might have you thinking I've been in the once notorious prison 

However I was very much free in the great outdoors at nearby Millhall Reservoir.

It was my first visit to this well established naturalised reservoir which is surrounded by a golf course and is very well manage and looked after.

It can be a bit puzzling however  when you hear a splash as it has you wondering if it was a trout or a wayward  golf ball landing in the water 

My friend Iain and I had a good but tough day with just one fish to the net for each of us! Both our fish were fooled by a black marabou nomad lure.

The reservoir wasnt very busy which suited us as there was plenty room to switch location if required. All in all it was a very pleasant place to spend a few hours and a venue I will definitely revisit in the warmer months.











No comments:

Post a Comment

The Clan Chief

Ive been asked by a flytying club in Shropshire England to do a flytying  demonstration via the social media platrorm of zoom nex...