Friday 22 October 2021

On the River Clyde

Thoroughly enjoyed a couple of hours earlier in the week  on the River Clyde! Hunting Grayling with heavy beaded bugs!
I must have been doing something right as I hooked but lost a fish! No idea if it was a grayling or a troot as it wasnt on long enough!  Im a total novice at this game but once I started to gain  confidence wading with the aid of the wading staff I soon got into a rhythm of  taking a step then making a short cast. My new rod was a real joy to cast and was ideal for the river! 
It was most enjoyable fishing along the river despite a couple of heavy squals of rain and strong downstream winds.
The UCAPA freshwater ticket is outstanding value as it covers me from now until March 2023 yes 23 . So for £60 you get two grayling seasons and the usual trout season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Cobbie

My latest flytying video. Hope you like it!  The Cobbie