Thursday 7 October 2021

That'll be it then?


Well that's the brown trout season over for another year! I made one last visit to Hillend yesterday to say farewell to the troot but none of them turned up!
I used my new #5 weight Snowbee Diamond 2 rod for the first time  and I have to say its the best rod I've ever used. Its even better than my Sharpes Gordon #6 weight rod which I'm very fond of
It casts perfectly with ease.
I've always shyed away from the lighter rods thinking they would be too light for my use especially at Hillend. However I was wrong.
I'm really looking forward to using the new rod on Highland Lochs next season where it will perfect for using on the float tube etc.
It's a real joy to use, as the rod and line are matched perfectly! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi there hillenddabbler wondering if you can help me I've been trying to get information how to get access to a permit for the north calder water ,can you help me
    desperate : kingfisher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not aware of any outlets selling permits for the NCW.

    ReplyDelete

The Clan Chief

Ive been asked by a flytying club in Shropshire England to do a flytying  demonstration via the social media platrorm of zoom nex...